Works of Asutosh
Overview:My Name is Dr. Asutosh Pramanik (date of birth- January 8, 1986), a self taught artist, professionally doctor and educationalist, is senior resident in Anatomy at Murshidabad medical college in West Bengal. I completed MBBS from Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura, West Bengal in 2008 and then MD in Anatomy from North Bengal Medical College, Darjeeling, West Bengal in 2016.
My talent is not only bound into my medical field but also extended into poetry, music and visual arts. I play many musical instruments, such as, flute, esraj, violin and sanai. I participate frequently in many music performances at the functions of my medical college. My loves for Hindustani dhrupad music and classic songs of Rabindranath make me more creative personality. Despites of my creative activities and noble professional, I am a tracker. I go to top of the mountain to feel the smell of the nature. I published two collection of poetry in Bengali, titled as, ‘Kakhon’ and ‘Samprikta’.
My dynamic multi-talented personality makes me different from other doctors. My love for art and culture inspire me to participate into artistic activities.
I have already participated seven different group shows as an artist. And one solo exhibition at Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata.
Group Exhibitions:1. June 5-6, 2017: Group exhibition, titled as, Art Exposure, at Gaganendra Art Gallery in Kolkata, West Bengal
2. March 2 – 6, 2017: Group exhibition, titled as, Colour Carnival, with Bengal Art Factory at Chitrakoot Art Gallery in Kolkata, West Bengal
3. December 22 -26, 2017: Group exhibition, titled as, Christmas Colour Carnival, with Bengal Art Factory at ICCR in Kolkata, West Bengal
4. December 9 - 31, 2017: Group exhibition, titled as, Bindu, with Kala Care Group at American Centre in New Delhi
5. October 25 – 29, 2016: Group exhibition, titled as, Images on the Wall – 1,with Rainbow Artists & Writers Foundation at Birla Academy of Art & Culture in Kolkata, West Bengal
6. September 3 -12, 2016: Group exhibition, titled as, Purang Dehi, Jaso Dehi, at Altamira Art Gallery in Kolkata, West Bengal
7. June 4 – 10, 2016: Group exhibition, titled as, 20th Group Exhibition of Paintings and Sculptures, with Rainbow Artists & Writers Foundation at Academy of Fine Arts in Kolkata, West Bengal