Works of Uttam
Overview:Uttam Bhattacharya is a contemporary multitalented artist based at Kolkata, the City of joy. He believes that human beings are the most beautiful creation of the God. The expressions of humans, their joy, sorrow has always fascinated him, so his style is figurative. He works in different medium with equal comfort and ease- like oil, Acrylic, water colour, crayons, collage to name a few. He has done multiple solo and group exhibitions in Calcutta and other cities. His works have found a place in the collections of many private art collectors in India and abroad. Uttam pursues the profession of a technocrat in Information Technology Industry. Despite his busy professional life, he maintains the passion and devotion toward his first love, PAINTING.
Uttam has designed and installed two huge Murals (30 meter x 9 meter each) depicting the characteristic and uniqueness of Bengal for a renowned Information technology Company. These Murals are the highest in size in south-east Asia.
He had represented Calcutta University in painting and poster competition in eastern region (competition was held in Gauhati University in 1992) and stood first and represented eastern region in All India University cultural competition held in Nagpur.
Mother Teresa had appreciated his work; she loved her portrait which he had painted (in cubic style). He has had opportunity to show some of his works to famous artist Mr. Wasim R. Kapoor who appreciated them very much.
For further details please visit Uttam’s FB Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Uttams-Painting/569869919723266?ref=hl and website https://sites.google.com/site/artofuttam/
Group Exhibitions:• March 2016 : “Bharatiya kala Utsav”: Group Exhibition – organized by WBHIDCO & Halo Heritage Art club” – Nazrul Tirtha, Kolkata
• January 1988: Group Exhibition – “Chitraksha” – Town Hall, Berhampore
• January 1987: Group Exhibition – “Chitraksha” – Town Hall, Berhampore
Solo Exhibitions:• May 2014 : “Mélange 2014” exhibition at Academy of fine Arts, South galley, Calcutta (http://www.telegraphindia.com/archives/archive.html).
• November 1992: Solo Exhibition – INRAPHEL, Calcutta University, Calcutta
• November 1991: Solo Exhibition – INRAPHEL, Calcutta University, Calcutta
• February 1990: Solo Exhibition – Main Hostel, Krishnath Collage, Berhampore
• February 1990: Solo Exhibition – Kumar Hostel, Krishnath Collage, Berhampore
• January 1989: Solo Exhibition – Main Hostel, Krishnath Collage, Berhampore
• January 1989: Solo Exhibition – Kumar Hostel, Krishnath Collage, Berhampore
• February 1988: Solo Exhibition – Main Hostel, Krishnath Collage, Berhampore
• February 1988: Solo Exhibition – Kumar Hostel, Krishnath Collage, Berhampore
• February 1987: Solo Exhibition – Kumar Sangha Club, Berhampore