1. I was born in a traditional potter family in a rural environment of West Bengal. I acquired an artistic image of Durga and other gods and goddesses since my childhood has induced in me an artistic sensibility.
2. Through landscapes and cityscapes I touching the core of deeper reality tries to expound a spiritual sensibility. Spirituality bordering round traditional religious feelings in the essence of my art. Through my works I analyses and investigates life, looks deeper into the relation of people with nature, with religious emotion. For this purpose I am very often takes up the religious centers of the country as my subject. I am greatly in love with Benaras, Haridwar, Hrishikesh , Nabadwip Dham and other religious places also appear very often in my paintings. Water appears as a dominant theme in my paintings, specially the river Gangas. This particular river is greatly associated with the religious and spiritual sentiments of the people of India. The rural environment in which I was born and grew up induced in me a love for nature and life. During my early career I was worked as an artist with The International Society For Krishna Consciousness (ISKON) in Shree Mayapur, West Bengal for ten years, which also inspired me towards a spiritual sensibility. But I never limited within Benaras and religious sites only. I paints with equal zeal and interest the city of Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai. Through this cityscapes also I enters deeper into the life and the various cults of the people.
3. The style, composition and treatment which I used in my paintings that are only my, not others.
4. My ambition to become an international great artist.
5. At present I am working with Benars(U.P.) and Panchabati(Maharashtra) series, that I will be showing in my upcoming show at Nehru Centre in Mumbai on 22nd to 28th May,2012.
6. Continues practice drawing , colour composition then paintings.
7. Todays art is contemporary but the art of past is old master painting.
8. I produces texturel effects on my paintings using the palate knife and brush. My compositions bost of a slight 3D edge.
9. The life of people with mythology, I worked in my paintings.
10. My prime medium on canvas are acrylics and oils.
11. The series on Benaras includes scenes around the river Ganga. Benaras is famous for its ghats, architectural extravaganza, temples on the riverbank with spacious gateways and tall minarets. Every ghats has a story to tell and I have capturel these on my canvases. When I visited Benaras, I was mesmerized by the shimmering red and golden water of the Ganges at the dawn when sunrays falls on it; the high banks, the temples, the Ashrams, pavilions and atmosphere are all too captivating; I have tried to portray all of it on my canvases. I have created water with delicate brush and palate knife stroks. Water gives a buffling experience while painting, it changes constantly with wind, light and current. I have to take care of waterâ€™s appearance, which depends on what lies under, over, on and surrounding it. My exploration of the spiritual legacy of the Benaras ghats, I uses reds and oranges that makes dymanic colour interaction, the entire composition is attuned to strike the spiritual chord of the rich and vibrant past of Benaras; the splendor of the temple architecture in my paintings captures the inherent charm of the ghats.
Art Gate Gallery Mumbai 2013, Karnataka Chitrakala parishath Gallery 2013, Chemould Art gallery Kolkata 2013, J S Art Gallery Mumbai 2013 ,NCPA MUMBAI 2013, Aroma3 National Level Art Exhibition P.L. Deshpande art Gallery Maharashtra Kala Academy, Mumbai-2013 .Brushstrokes Audi Nagpur Nagpur 2013. Brush strokes Directorate of Art $ culture Goa -2013, The colars of Indian Art -,â€™â€™Morpichhâ€™â€™in Texas U.S.A-2013 .Tulika Arts Gallery Mumbai.-2013. â€™Brushstrokesâ€™ at Lalit kala Akademi Bhubaneshwar-2013, J S Art Gallery Mumbai-2012,The art fiesta, Emirates Towers hotel, Dubai, UAE-2012, J S Art Gallery Mumbai-2012, Contemporary Art Exhibition The Residency Coimbatore-2012 , Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata-2012, Artic vision the Gallery, Mumbai-2012, Kala Utsav, art for charity.LHo Campas Bangalore.-2011.Maya Art Gallery,Bangalore-2010, Gallerie Art Eterne,New Delhi -2010. The Art Value Gallery.New Delhi -2010. Studio Napean Art Gallery, Mumbai-2009. Jamaat Art Gallery, Mumbai-2009. Birla Academy Of Art & Culture, Kolkata-2008. Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai-2008. Tathya Kendra, Kolkata- 2003. Ashutosh Memorial Hall, Kolkata- 2003.
Life time Member of â€˜The Bombay art Societyâ€™,Mumbai.
J S Art Gallery Mumbai -2013, Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata-2013, Nehru Centre AC Art Gallery Mumbai- 2012, Hirji Jehangir Art Gallery Mumbai -2011. Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery Mumbai-2011. Arpana Art Gallery.New Delhi -2011. The Art Value Gallery, New Delhi -2011. Artistsâ€™ Centre, Mumbai- 2010. The Out of the Blue Art Gallery, Mumbai-2010. Artistsâ€™ Centre,Mumbai- 2009
India Art Festival Mumbai-2012, Epientre Art Mart IV, Gurgaon-2012, India Art Festival Mumbai-2011. â€Masterâ€™s Corner Showâ€ At India International Art Fair, New Delhi -2010. â€œChatakâ€ Monsoon show by Professional Artists,Nehru Centre,Mumbai,2010. The Monsoon Art show At Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery,Mumbai-2010. ,â€11th Membersâ€™Annual art Exhibitionâ€™â€™At Artists Centre Mumbai-2010., Deeds Monsoon Art Exhibition â€œHave A Heartâ€ Series-V, 2009. â€˜â€™10th Membersâ€™Annual art Exhibitionâ€™â€™At Artists Centre Mumbai-2009., The Monsoon Art show At Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai-2009. DOEHLE DANAUTIC Presents â€œHave A Heartâ€ , The Art Exhibition, Series -IV, 2009. Annual Art Exhibition Of The Art Society Of India At Jehangir Art Gallery,Mumbai-2009. The Bombay Art Society , Mumbai-2009. 1st Annual All India Art Exhibition, New Delhi- 2009. Birla Academy Of Art And Culture, Annual Exhibition, Kolkata-2009. 9th Members Annual Art Exhibition At Artistsâ€™ Centre Mumbai-2008 .The Monsoon Art Show At Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai-2008 .Indian National Forum Of Art And Culture, Annual Exhibition At The Academy Of Fine Arts, Kolkata- 2008 . Bombay Art Society- 2008. Birla Academy of Art And Culture, Annual Exhibition, Kolkata-2008 . Avantika International Art Exhibition, Kolkata- 2003. Tathya Kendra, Kolkata -2002..