Samrat Ghosh, a resident of Dubai for the past 8 years, has spent the greater part of his life in Kolkata - the “City of Joy”. A commerce graduate and a sales professional – he also possess a great interest for the game of cricket and football and a penchant for music.
Bright colours in hues, careful outlines and soft shading, characterize Samrat’s artwork. He is an amateur and wishes to be the same.... as Edgar Degas said \" Painting is easy when you don\'t know how, but very difficult when you do \".......
“I have always enjoyed painting since my childhood. As long as I paint with the freedom that I enjoy, I never tire. Over the years, several ideas have dominated my consciousness. Like many I started with landscape paintings and now try other ideas and themes.”
His Oil & Acrylic paintings initiated as a time pass during the early days of 2007, which very soon translated into his more serious weekend hobby. A self-taught painter, without any proper training, he has still been able to distort forms and create the stylization you see in his work today.
Vincent Van Gogh once said “I dream of painting and then I paint my dream”…. exactly the way Samrat wishes to continue with his creativity. From having just an idea to its final expression - every stage provides him with sheer excitement and delight
To Samrat “Life is just like painting, Draw the lines with Hope, Erase all the errors with Tolerance, Dip the brush in Patience and Colour the canvas of Life with Love.”
1. Ramadan Night Market - Dubai World Trade Centre - 2012 (via InzaArt)
2. SCAFA - Jumeirah Lake Towers - Dubai - 2013 (via Kobo Art)
3. SPERA - Al Wasl Street - Dubai - 2013 (via Kobo Art)
4. Garden Centre \"Wall of Fame\" - Dubai - 2013 (via Kobo Art)
5. Canvas Talk - VISTA Rooftop - Dubai Internet City - 2013 (via Kobo Art)
6. Passion for Change - The Change Initiative - Dubai - 2013 (via Kobo Art)
7. The Clyde & Co - MENA Community Art Project - Dubai - 2013-2014 (via Kobo Art)
8. Vision of Women - Allaince Francaise - Dubai - 2013 (via Kobo Art)