DAMODAR MADGAOKAR is a well-known Goan artist and sculptor, who started out as a commercial artist at a very young age. He was always of a creative bent and excelled in drawing and painting during his school days as he got guidance from his fine arts teacher Mangala Kamat. As Damodar dabbled in various forms of arts and craft, he developed skills to create commercial art and started rendering his services to many top hotels in Goa. However, Damodar always wanted to turn a full-time artist and joined world renowned Goan artist Wilson D’Souza. Under the tutelage of D’Souza, he developed his own style — most of his works are based in the realm of realistic fantasy. Damodar has also done over 280 portraits.
• Damodar first exhibited his works in a group exhibition of Pied Piper Academy at Kala Academy, Panaji, Goa on December 13, 2012.
• His works were then selected for the state art exhibition at Kala Academy, Panaji, Goa on January 18, 2013 which earned him wide acclaim.
• Damodar is set to exhibit his works at India International Art Exhibition in Colombo, Sri Lanka from November 25-29, 2013.
• Thereafter, he will also exhibit his works at Expression, a group exhibition organised by Greenmark Art Gallery in Delhi in December, 2013.
• On 14th dec 2013 he will also exhibit his work in ARTIZAN ART GALLERY in Delhi.
• He will also display his works at All India Contemporary Art Exhibition in Jaipur, Rajasthan from January 15-17, 2014.
• Damodar organised his solo art exhibition ‘Karmaholic’ at Kala Academy Art Gallery, Panaji, from October 26-30, 2013, which further established him higher in the pecking order of the up and coming artists.